The FC Isle of Man Story will be one that plays out the whole range of human emotions through the lens of football. It’s a story about believing in our community as individuals and a collective.
One about recognising and taking opportunities while overcoming the various barriers that may have been holding us back.
We believe the opportunities provided by our plans can help to springboard the Isle of Man, its businesses and its people onto great things. We know we cannot achieve this alone. We also know we can all achieve amazing things when we work together as a community!
We believe in our Island and its people. This club is the best way we know to demonstrate our belief and to create opportunities for our Island that can help to make things even better for those who follow behind.
Following the North West County Football League’s confirmation that they have applied, on our behalf, to The FA for a place in the National League System we are pleased to open applications for the position of FC Isle of Man Manager.
Interested parties are directed to the role description and person specification below.
We look forward to hearing from those who can evidence they meet the criteria required before the deadline of Sunday 19th January 2020 at 5pm.
Please email your completed Application Form and a covering letter to .
To become a Professional Football club within 15 years; having at least one former FC Isle of Man team member performing regularly within a top professional league (e.g. EPL).
Continue the Island’s proud history of punching above its weight by consistently developing individuals capable of performing at the highest National and International levels of football. We will reinvest our success into grassroots sport, becoming an integral part of the local community and a beacon of Manx pride.
Create opportunities for Manx-based football players, coaches and professionals to fulfil their potential by entering and progressing a team through the English football leagues.
Role Description and Person Specification
Manger role description
- Be a positive role model for the Club, its values, its philosophy and the community it serves.
- To carrying out PR and media duties in line with and reflecting the above.
- Liaise with the Sporting Director and relevant others, as required, to inform the development of the football club’s philosophy, culture, environment and playing style.
- Liaise with the Sporting Director, coaches and local clubs to identify and select the best possible playing squad to meet the club’s aims, vision and mission.
- Lead the selection, communication and management of FC Isle of Man Match day squads and teams.
- Oversee the planning and design of the FC Isle of Man training programme.
The role description above is not an exhaustive list. The post-holder will be able to carry out their duties at a time and place, outside of training and match day requirements, of their choosing.
- An excellent knowledge, understanding and appreciation of football on the Isle of Man and the wider Manx community.
- Experience of managing or coaching within open-age football (Male) on the Isle of Man within the last 3 years.
- A record of winning league and cup competitions over multiple seasons in open-age football.
- A record of developing and evolving teams and individual players over multiple seasons in open-age football.
- Experience of dealing with local, national and international media, sponsors and teams.
- An ability and willingness to work within the structure and philosophy as determined by FC Isle of Man.
- A passion and enthusiasm for the part they can play in moving the club towards its stated aims.
- A strong belief in the potential of the Isle of Man and its people.
Role Renumeration and term
The role of FC Isle of Man Manager is voluntary and will be for an initial term of 2 years from 1st June 2020. A relocation package and interview expenses will not be available for this role.
Confirmation of the role will be subject to:
- FC Isle of Man being placed in a league by 1st June 2020
The successful completion of the following requirements within an agreed timescale:
- FA Safeguarding workshop or equivalent
- FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid training (IFAiF) or equivalent
- A Disclosure and Barring Services Check (formerly a Criminal Records Bureau check)
How to Apply
Please send the Application Form and a covering letter to by no later than 5pm on Sunday 19th January 2020.
Applications received after this time will not be considered. Please note postal applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will be contacted during the week beginning 20th January 2020 to inform them whether they have been successful in progressing to the next stage of the process.