FC Isle of Man crest

MATCH REPORT: FC Isle of Man 0 – 2 Prestwich Heys

On a warm evening at The Bowl, Prestwich Heys spoilt the FC IOM homecoming party after 6 games on the road, by winning 2-0.

Only 3 minutes into the game, Dean Pinnington made a mazy run down the right, cutting inside only to be fouled and awarded a penalty. He stepped up to take the kick but his effort was comfortably saved by Jordan Hadlow in the Prestwich Goal.

Prestwich applied some good early pressure, resulting in two corners that were cleared by the FC IOM defence.

The first half saw its fair share of drama, including a heated exchange between Frank Jones and Darcy O’Connor, leading to a free kick but that amounted to nothing. FC IOM continued to push, but their first corner of the game failed to beat the first man, at the near post.

Then, out of nowhere, a defensive header didn’t clear the lines and Jack Coop netted a goal from distance for the visitors, leaving Wilkinson helpless

Despite some promising moments, FC IOM couldn’t find an equaliser before halftime.

The second half began cautiously, with Prestwich taking the early initiative, but FC IOM came back into the game and dominated the possession and chances.

In the 59th minute, Michael Williams was sin-binned after a heated exchange with the ref, leaving the Ravens with 10 players.

Prestwich’s Gregg Daniels’ free-kick then hit the wall and went for a corner, but Bradley Sullivan headed over the follow up. Furo Davies was brought on in an attacking change, and his first touch set up Dean Pinnington, but he was deemed to be offside.

As Williams left the sin bin, just a minute later Maitland joined it, leaving the Ravens with only 10 men again. Frank Jones was substituted for Tiernan Garvey shortly after.

FC Isle of Man fought valiantly with Davies earning a corner, but the follow up was cleared.

In the dying minutes, Furo then flicked on Joe Quayle’s free-kick, and Walters’ diving header was saved. Sub, Tom Creer, then charged down the ball and got a cross off, it fell to Davies whose back heel found Walters 3 yards out, only for him to be denied by a super save from Hadlow! 

Hartbreak struck FC Isle of Man in the 89th minute when Greg Daniels poked home from 8 yards following a corner, sealing the victory for Prestwich Heyes.